I am a graduate from the University of Maine, and have a Master's Degree from Lesley University.
Read To Me Challenge February 2nd-March 2nd
Cave Hill School is very excited to participate in the
Maine Department of Education’s Read to Me Challenge!!!
When: February 2nd-March 2nd
The Read to ME Challenge will kick off with the First Lady completing a reading episode with a group of children which will be broadcast via Twitter @mdoeNews and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Maine-Department-of-Education-1121155571257922. In her broadcast, she will nominate all other Mainers to complete the challenge.
How can you participate in the challenge?
- Read to and/or have a child/children read to you for at least 15 minutes.
- Read an engaging book, nursery rhymes, non fiction book, a favorite book from your childhood, or poetry.
- Capture a photograph or short video (15-30 seconds) of yourself reading to the child.
- Send a photo of yourself reading to a child into school (to Mrs. Jordan or Mrs. Green) to add to our Read to Me School Bulletin Board
- Use #ReadtoME or #ReadaloudME to post the photo or video on social media with your challenge to others to read aloud 15 minutes to a child or children they know. Use the tag option to nominate others to complete the challenge.